There are lots of ways YOU can help!
If you are a large farm grower and have vegetables and fruit to donate contact Glen Wallis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Glen will arrange pick-up or pickers.
Food to Share can provide a tax receipt for large produce donations.
If you have your own home garden and have excess:
- email email@example.com for drop off information. If you have a large donation, pick-up can be arranged.
- For frozen fruit and vegetable donations, the produce must be washed in County water, either municipal water in Picton or Wellington or from a cistern at a County hall.
- All produce donations must be labeled with the date and your name
Help pick vegetables and fruit at local farm fields and orchards:
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll put your name on the email distribution list and we will email you when opportunities for picking come up.
Participate in cooking sessions and cook up fresh healthy meals for the Wellington and Picton food banks:
- It takes about 4 hours to cook and pack fresh, healthy meals. Cooking sessions run weekly at commercial kitchens in the County.
- If you are interested in cooking send an email to foodtosharepec@gmail we’ll put your name on the email distribution list and we will email you when there are cooking sessions. foodtosharepec@gmail
Do you have cooking and teaching experience and would like to help out at one of our FREE Adult or Children cooking classes offered periodically?
- Are you and your company looking for a team building event or a way for your company to give back?
- For a donation to Food to Share, your group can participate in a picking and cooking in a commercial kitchen with one of our many volunteer chefs – it’s a great team building experience for a very good cause.
If you can make a financial donation:
Financial donations can be made by contacting Glen Wallis at email@example.com
ATTEND our annual Fundraising Dinner
The 2018 dinner will be on Thursday, September 20th at the Crystal Palace in Picton.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your ticket. Group bookings encouraged so get together a group of family and friends for this great event.